Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday night stream of consciousness

Well, I know I need to post, but I am having difficulty settling on one topic--maybe I should blame it on my cold medicine. So here is my Friday night stream of consciousness...

I have a cold. I got it from Ashley and I am fairly convinced that it is never going to go away. It started in my sinuses and has moved around from there. At least I'm not aching anymore. Oh, and BTW, Ashley is doing much better since she's been on antibiotic. Maybe I should take that as a hint and try to get some of that myself.

I'm bummed that the Colts aren't playing on Sunday. I am also bummed that Green Bay isn't playing--it really would have been fun to see Brett Favre whoop up on Tom Brady.

I gave Nathan a bath the other day and within 10 minutes he had dumped a whole container of yoplait yogurt on his head.

I made homemade caramel corn tonight and it is AWESOME!!! (much better than the homemade dressing I made for the coleslaw tonight--now that was nasty!) Did you know that caramel corn is 8 weight watchers points for 3 Cups (1 pt = approx 50 calories)? And the crazy thing is that now I can't stay out of it.

I have pictures from John's birthday (Jan 17) on my camera. I've just been lazy this week and haven't put them on my computer so I can show them to you.

The girls had their first snow day of the year today. Sara was really bummed because they were suppose to have a pajama party in her class today. I can't really compete with that.

I'm having a nephew in June--okay, let me rephrase, my sister is having a boy in June which will give me a nephew. So now I get one in April (Steve (Joe's brother) & Mandy) and June (Chris and Kim (my sister)). I get to meet my new neice, Lydia, in March.

Did I mention that I was bummed about the super bowl this Sunday?!

For all of you in IA--have fun chowing down on wild game this weekend. I almost didn't know what to do with myself since I didn't have to make 30 lbs worth of venison chili in the last week of January. We miss all of you--eat some buffalo burgers for us.

It's time for some decaf--maybe that will help with the caramel corn craving!!! Sara just discovered that I ate what was left in her bowl--oops...

No comments: