Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Christmas movie list

There is an ice storm outside, a fire in the fireplace and an awesome movie in the DVD player--White Christmas. (We only briefly lost power this afternoon--kind of a bummer. I was prepared for it to be out all evening. I was looking forward to the adventure. I wonder if I really could have made chicken noodle soup in the dark? I guess now we'll never know.) Anyway, it made me think of what great Christmas movies there are. So here are a few of my favorites (in no particular order--not sure I could put them in an order...):

  • White Christmas (of course! maybe someday I'll convice my sister to sing the sister song with me)
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Lost in Paradise (love this one!)
  • The Christmas Story (and no, it does not involve a nativity scene--only a really ugly leg lamp)
  • The Santa Clause
  • Home Alone (we watched this one this afternoon before we lost power)
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original--not Jim Carrey's version)

Well, I'm sure I've missed some good ones, but we are almost to the scene where they sing the sister song and I don't want to miss it. So, if you want to add anything, feel free in the comments.

No comments: