What?! How?! Gasp! Ouch! Yes, all of the above flashed through my brain as well. Well, the "Gasp!" didn't just flash through my brain; it actually emerged from my mouth when I picked her up from the bowling alley. The "Gasp!" was purely an accident. Usually I remain more composed when my kids get hurt. It was just rather shocking to the eyes and I obviously had not gone through my mom preparation in the car on the way there (To self: "Even if it's bad I will not freak out in front of the child"). How? The ball got dropped, bounced, head bent over to pick it up and the result is above. She's not in a lot of pain. And we go to see the pediatric dentist on Monday. She's getting a crown. She'll be the only seven year old with a crown. Sigh.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
What I've been doing instead of blogging:
- unloading a dishwasher full of dirty dishes. I didn't realize it until I was halfway done because I was multi-tasking. I'll have some surprises waiting for me later today I'm sure.
- playing batgirl with my mighty batman (Nathan)
- coughing. I've never had bronchitis before and would like to never have it again.
- laundry and dishes. I know these are kind of a given, but, seriously, it never ends!
- spending time dealing with car repairs. Okay, this is more Joe then me, but both vehicles are kind of on the fritz right now. Nothing serious...just really annoying.
- enjoying some early Valentine's day romance from my husband...roses and blowpops yesterday. Yes, blowpops...I like them.
- celebrating with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law over the birth of their new daughter...Jane Lillian Horn. I can't wait to meet her.
- praying for the people of Haiti. It's breaking my heart. I can't watch anymore news shows about the orphans or I might just take a plane and get them myself.
- helping Sara get a new "do". Pictures will be forthcoming.
- celebrating John's birthday. Again, pictures will be posted...I promise.
- and now it is time to work on some AWANA verses.