Wednesday, August 29, 2007
I fell asleep on the couch last night while I was watching TV. If you've read many of my posts you know that this is not unusual for me. I was watching House and it was almost over. They were just about to reveal the mysterious disease that this girl had. The last thing I remembered was them going to the commercial and me thinking to myself that I would go to bed as soon as I found out what was making the girl sick. As soon as the commercials started, I was out. I don't even remember what the first one was. What happened next was unusual for me. Joe walked in the front door of our new house (he had been at a meeting), I jumped to an immediate sitting position (I was laying down) and I could not for the life of me figure out where in the world I was. For awhile I thought I was dreaming, but then I realized that my heart doesn't usually beat this fast when I am dreaming. Then I thought I was in an apartment--for a brief moment I thought I was back in Dallas. Finally, my brain kicked in and I remembered where I had moved to. All of the moments after that are rather a blur. I think once I figured it out my brain went back to sleep. So hopefully tomorrow morning when I wake up I won't walk into my kitchen thinking it is the bathroom...
We now have license plates on both vehicles from our new state. All I will say in closing about it is it took a total of 7 trips between Joe and I and a call to India. Joe left the office with the ominous last words of the clerk ringing in his ears "Well, let's just hope the computer took all the information so you don't have to come back."
Monday, August 27, 2007
Obviously since we have moved I have done more than just hang out at the DMV branch. While I hate doing bullet points because they are boring, I think that is what I will do to sum it all up and move on. And so here is what I've been up to the last couple of weeks. Each one has a story of its own--you can use your imagination or feel free to ask me to elaborate if you are really curious.
- We moved into our new house. The guys from our new church had our truck unloaded in forty-five minutes and everything that required a tool was put together by the end of the afternoon.
- I had flashbacks of a mean elementary school principal when we went to our closing for our new house.
- We were pounded by our church last Friday night. It's not as bad as it sounds--everyone brought stuff to fill our pantry. It was great!
- The girls are full swing into school. Ashley has decided that she is not fond of kindergarten since "All we ever do is work!"
- Nathan is now in a big boy bed. Since we moved him to a bed he has grasped an understanding of independence and he has tried to exercise his believed right to it. The will of a 22 month old is fairly amazing.
- John gets to sleep in his new bedroom and bed. Ooops--let me correct that as he did me this morning. It is not his "new" bedroom now; it is just his bedroom.
- I LOVE my new kitchen floor.
- I'm probably going to become friends with our Maytag repair man. Again, it is a long story...
- We locked ourselves out of our house our first Sunday here. Then we had to somehow prove to the locksmith that we really lived there. We had moved our stuff in the day before. I found it a little more funny than Joe did.
- We LOVE our yard and trees--really, really big trees.
- We LOVE our non-creaky house
- We are really excited that our basement didn't leak with all the rain we had last week. It wasn't suppose too, but you never know until you move into the house.
- Our house in our last state is suppose to close this Friday--pray that it does!!!
- I had to take down some of the funkiest curtains ever in my new house. But that is okay because it means I get to buy new ones! :)
- They have some serious homework in the 1st grade so Sara & I have been trying to figure that out--like when do we do it??
I'm sure I left some stuff out. I'll have to pass it on to you when I remember--if I ever do remember. I'm fairly convinced I would forget my brain these days if it wasn't attached.