- water splashing
- barefoot boys with cheeks of tan
- sun streaked blond girls
- devouring of library books
- a not so clean house (because when it is summer who wants to be inside cleaning!)
- Sara mowing the lawn...she does a really good job. And while it is good for her, Joe and I aren't sure we like it. We both enjoy mowing...yes, I know we are weird. At least she isn't old enough to use the weed whacker yet.
- smell of sun lotion and bug spray.
- band aids and more band aids...ahhh boys. Actually in our case it is Nathan. We've nicknamed John "Mr. Safety". I'm not sure when the last time I needed a band aid for him was.
- music...you can't have sun streaming in the house without some music to go with it.
- if your lucky it will be a bonfire night and you can have a s'more
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Summer has officially arrived at our house. Here are some of the sights and sounds that you might see and hear if you stopped by:
On Saturday Joe & I completed our first 5K. We had a great time and are planning on running another one in July. I met my goal and made it across the finish line in under 35 minutes...34:53 (I think...not sure what the official time was). Hopefully by the race in July it will be a little bit more significantly under 35 minutes.
In all our sweaty glory!
My dad sitting with our cheerleaders.