Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The alternative to the doctor's office

I was going to try to go to the doctor yesterday (yes, I'm still slightly ill). It is a long story and I won't go into it, but I didn't get to see a doctor (I think I'm seeing glimpses of what a national health care system could look like). So I got my haircut. It is pretty much chopped off--a short wedge bob. I do this quite often. I let it grow and then chop it off. I usually have very nervous hair stylists that cut it. "Are you sure??? That is really short. How 'bout we make it a little longer." I think they are convinced that I am going to wig out once it is cut. No pun intended.... Anyway, I convinced her to chop it off. I don't have a picture for you. I'm the camera woman of the family and I'm not real good at doing a self-portrait. So you will have to use your imagination. Before you begin to think it is really, way, way short (I know what kinds of imaginations some of you have...) Sara didn't even notice that it had been cut until I dropped her off at school this morning. (It was cut when she got home from school yesterday.) Now she isn't exactly the first choice child that I would send into a treasure hunt for me (Nathan is definitely that child--he can find anything--things that have been lost for months), but still if it was that drastic I'd like to think she would have noticed yesterday.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Picture! We want pictures!

LivingFree said...

I've been known to do that with my hair, it takes forever to grow out and then I go and chop it off. Once I opted for a perm, which was worse because it fried my hair. Then a friend suggested that when I wanted a change to go by a new outfit instead of messing with my hair. I guess that advice worked, I've managed to keep it the same for several years now, of course it could be the fact that with 5 kids I rarely have time to get a haircut!