Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday's wrap up

I haven't posted much because it is actually spring outside (we even had to put on sun lotion!) and so we've been hanging out there. Here's what we were up to today:

  • I walked 2 1/2 miles this morning in 40 minutes.
  • We were picking up sticks for our burn pile and Nathan decided it would be easier to just pull a branch off the tree rather than walk across the yard and pick the ones up on the ground.
  • John is on a pirate kick so when we went into Kroger today the two of us were searching for treasure. "Aye, matey!" was repeated frequently.
  • I was reminded why I order all my books online these days when I drove to Peoria to pick up a book I ordered a week ago!
  • I stepped on a dirt rake and it snapped up and whacked me in the face--pretty sure it would have made a Three Stooges movie had a video camera been rolling.
  • We took a break from playing outside this afternoon and had orange bars (some of Daddy's favorite) on our front steps.
  • Ashley said that my half eaten orange bar looked like a dinosaur wearing a tutu.
  • Sara read a book about lice and louse to all of us and now we are all convinced that we have it--I'm literally scratching my head in between typing letters.
  • I got another picture of my nephew today. He's really great looking and has the same striking blue eyes that Nathan has.
  • Ashley found a spider crawling on her pillow when she went to bed tonight and said "Well, we should probably get rid of him. That certainly wouldn't be comfortable, would it?!" She was extremely calm. I'm convinced that someday she's going to end up telling some tribe about Jesus in some third world country.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Kudos to Ashley for staying calm! I am in college and I still freak out every time I see a spider! Especially when it's on my pillow!! This happened recently and let me tell you...it was quite the scene I'm sure...

Alissa said...

This is a precious photo. Love it.

Remind me to tell ash about the time a HUGE spider crawled up from under the covers onto my pillow - while I was IN bed. Still makes me shudder. ;)