Monday, September 22, 2008

Rabbit

Winnie the Pooh was on the reading list tonight before bed. We had just returned from the library and I actually found a Winnie the Pooh book in which I hadn't read any of the stories. I was pretty excited. It was about halfway through the second story that it was determined by the reading group (who happened to be all my family) that I am a lot like Rabbit. Now in case you haven't read Winnie the Pooh lately, I will share a few Rabbit quotes and descriptions so that you can fully understand who I am being compared to:

A Honey of a Cake "Let us help you, Rabbit," Pooh pleaded...."No,no,no" Rabbit insisted, lining up his mixing bowls on the kitchen table. "I want this cake to be the best--and too many cooks spoil the honey cake."

The Best Gift of All (Roo is in search of the perfect gift for Kanga for Mother's Day) Roo hopped off to see Rabbit, who was busy watering his garden. "Careful!" he (Rabbit) called..."Stop jumping about there! A garden is a very serious place."

Rabbit's Reunion "Rabbit was always a very busy person..."

You get the picture. It isn't the most flattering comparison. However, after that one was made it was determined that Joe was like Owl. That made me feel better....

3 comments:

Alissa said...

At least they didn't compare you with Eeyore...the Debbie Downer of Poohland. ;)

Garden Girl said...

Another "Rabbit" here....*sigh*

thehes said...

Debbie Downer of Poohland...LOL. Reminds me of my TU RA who we secretly nicknamed Eeyore. We would always say, "Thanks for noticin'" in a dreary voice when she came into conversation...Yes, Karen, it could be worse...