Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saint Louis

Most of the time I've spent in St. Louis has been at the airport. When we lived in the DFW area we would fly home via St. Louis on TWA. Hey, it was cheap. We spent A LOT of time in that airport during a four year period. And saw lots and lots of stuff and have many, many stories that include things like Karen's first plane flight ever! possible sighting of Slobodan Milosevic in the late '90s, a for real sighting of Troy Aikman & Jason Garrett, storms... Those are for another post. Today we went to the zoo. I think I've been to the zoo before, but it was right after we got married so there is very little chance that I remember anything of it. We had a really awesome day and I thought I would share the highlights with you:

  • On the way there--Nathan: "How old do I have to be to drive a semi?" Mom: Umm, 21. (where did I get that number???)
  • I got completely nauseous watching the 3D movie and this was even after I took the motion sickness medicine before I got there.
  • The train, the train, the train--we rode it so much I'm surprised they didn't kick us off.
  • Ashley really, really wanted to see the snow leopard
  • Nathan really, really wanted to see the camel--odd? I think so.
  • John didn't care what he saw as long as it was huge and made a cool noise.
  • Sara got to see tons of butterflies. She was in heaven. It was great.
  • John can do a great elephant imitation. Not real sure the others on the sidewalk completely appreciated it
  • The hippos were swimming around. They are HUGE!
  • We managed to avoid the carousel as I wasn't sure I would have been able to ride it with them without throwing up.
  • We also managed to avoid the snake house--yeah, me!
  • The appearance of a seeing eye dog drew the male lion out of his cave...that was entertaining.
  • Sara's quote(s) of the day : "Oh, yeah I know that. I learned that in school." yeah school!

And now I'm off to find my monopoly pieces (if I can move). I may have won...

No comments: