Friday, May 22, 2009

One of the funniest things I've ever read...

I enjoy getting really blonde highlights in my hair in the summer so I put lemon juice on my hair anytime I'm mowing the lawn. I think it is the acid in it that reacts with sunlight and provides the lightening. It helps that I naturally have blond highlights so this just enhances it. Anyway, I'm getting ready to mow and I don't have any lemon juice on hand, but I do have lime juice. So I was wondering if it would have the same reaction. I'm thinking it would, but high school chemistry was a long time ago so for kicks I thought I'd check the internet. Because we all know that the internet is "all-knowing" on all information. I stumbled onto a "Yahoo Answers" page where the following question was posed by somebody. I thought I'd share my laugh for the day:

"Y'know what i was wondering? If you put lemon juice on your hair, it makes it go lighter and blonde right? So why, when you put lime juice on your hair, doesn't it make your hair go green?"

No comments: