Thursday, September 17, 2009

He may be bald sooner than I thought

I treated myself to the best pumpkin spice latte this morning. Ahh, just the memory of it makes my mouth water. That has nothing to do with this post...just thought I'd share.

Last night was the first night of AWANA at our church. They had done it years ago and decided to try it again. Evidently yesterday afternoon my husband came up with a brillant incentive plan to get kids to invite their friends. He offered to shave his head if we hit 100 kids this school year. Last night's attendance....61! Which is completely awesome for the first night. AND especially the older kids were excited about the possibility of Pastor Joe being bald. So we may be looking at a bald pastor who wears a lot of hats sometime in the next few months. The funniest part about it is our own children declared at breakfast this morning "Nope, we don't like the idea, Dad. We don't want you to shave your head." So evidently the Pastor's kids won't be inviting any friends to AWANA anytime soon.

3 comments:

The Bullhorn said...

I'm thinking I may have to grow out a goatee again just to balance things out...

Seriously, I hope the kids come. It would be an awesome reminder to us all that God is at work, bringing people to Himself through our church.

Mom said...

That was the best idea you could come up with? What about a dunk tank? That would be fun. LOL.

Mom G said...

Congrats on a great first night!! Not sure what kind of hat you wear while preaching...? LOL