- Nathan turned 5. Huge milestone and it will have it's own post in the very near future.
- Ashley is working on her first ever research project. It is on the koala bear.
- Joe led his first marriage retreat a few weeks ago. It was really great (and I'm not biased :) ). I'm sure it will be the first of many.
- I have my first speaking engagement for a ladies retreat at our church next week. I am doing a workshop on maintaining consistent peace in parenting. I love speaking...one of my favorite ministry things to do so I'm really looking forward to next week.
- John finished his AWANA book in record time this year. He's now on review and getting ready to start the extra credit.
- John also got his first ever letter in the mail threatening to send a money dispute to a collection agency. How much did he owe to the library? $2.85 How late was the book? 3 weeks Was it at our house? No. Where was the book? On the shelf at the library. I'll be making my first ever phone call to the management to complain. This is the third time in as many months that there have been books that are "late" that we returned and were sitting on their shelves. I'm not a complainer, but there is definitely something wrong with their system. And I'm a little concerned if they are spending my tax money to send a six year old's name to a collection agency over $2.85 for a book that wasn't even a month late.
- Sara is approaching the point in math where I can't review her problems in my head.
- I started filling out my 2011 calendar yesterday. Our calendar has gotten a little insane this year and our kids aren't even involved in that much stuff. It took Joe & I an hour the other day to simply figure out the next two months. And January isn't looking much better...the good thing? We (including the kids) enjoy almost everything that is on the calendar.
- Oh, and the best one of all...for the first time I got summoned for jury duty. It's the week of Thanksgiving. I guess it will probably give me something to be thankful for. Honestly, I've never done it before so I find it all very intriguing.
Friday, November 5, 2010
We've been having some milestones occur at the Horn house lately: