- Joe and I got to visit family this last weekend. Not blood family, but spiritual family. We headed back across the Mississippi to our old home church in Iowa. What a blessing it was for Joe to get to speak at their annual Wild Game Feast. It was an event he had organized for the years that we lived there. I'm not sure how many were there celebrating wild game and hunting (around 350-400), but Joe got word today that over 40 people indicate that they wanted to know more about Jesus. Praise the Lord! Visits like this last weekend make me long for eternity. I have once in a lifetime kind of friendships that are there and one day we will be together forever in glory.
- A public THANK YOU to Bob and Diane for hanging out with our kids while Joe & I were gone. The kids had a blast!
- Last weekend the daughter of a couple in our church was murdered by her estranged husband. I stood by and watched my husband comfort this community, the family and help them bury their daughter. I am so proud of him. He allows God to use him in such mighty and sometimes difficult ways.
- There is still snow here...shocking I know since we got close to 20 inches last week. They are calling for 40 degrees this weekend and call me a skeptic for not believing them. The kids are working on a tunnel in the backyard. Well, John, Ashley and Nathan are working on a tunnel. Sara made a lounge chair out of the snow and is an observant.
- I have some artisan bread in the oven. I tried my first loaf yesterday and it got a little overdone. I was inspired by the delicious sourdough bread I had for breakfast in Iowa on Saturday. Our former pastor has become a bread connoisseur.
- My favorite superbowl commercial was the darth vader one for Volkswagon. I could totally envision Nathan wearing the suit....so funny it makes me laugh again just thinking about the commercial
Things that have made me laugh recently:John yesterday morning at the breakfast table "Mom, what did the shark eat for breakfast? Answer: Captain Crunch"
Nathan yesterday in the car: "It is burrrrrito outside mom!" He's been reading a little too much of Skippy Jon lately.