- water splashing
- barefoot boys with cheeks of tan
- sun streaked blond girls
- devouring of library books
- a not so clean house (because when it is summer who wants to be inside cleaning!)
- Sara mowing the lawn...she does a really good job. And while it is good for her, Joe and I aren't sure we like it. We both enjoy mowing...yes, I know we are weird. At least she isn't old enough to use the weed whacker yet.
- smell of sun lotion and bug spray.
- band aids and more band aids...ahhh boys. Actually in our case it is Nathan. We've nicknamed John "Mr. Safety". I'm not sure when the last time I needed a band aid for him was.
- music...you can't have sun streaming in the house without some music to go with it.
- if your lucky it will be a bonfire night and you can have a s'more
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Sights and Sounds
Summer has officially arrived at our house. Here are some of the sights and sounds that you might see and hear if you stopped by: