Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thankful--Day 2

I am thankful for hot running water. I have recently rediscovered my love of a nice, hot bubble bath. I got a bathtub spa set as a white elephant gift in July and when my kids were on vacation at Grandpa and Grandma's a few week's ago I thought I'd try it out. I sat in the bathtub with complete silence (except for the occasional popping of some bubbles) and the dull rumble of the back massager. I enjoyed a good book and breathed in the aroma of my bath bomb from Lush. It was so. so. relaxing. So I have added bubble baths to my weekly routine. Last night as I was escaping in the bathtub my mind wandered to 10 years ago. Joe and I went on a mission's trip to Mozambique. Mozambique was in 2000 and still is the 5th poorest country in the world. While we were there we stayed in one of the nicer houses in Maputo (the capital). Every morning when we went to bath, we would poor cold water into an electric hot pot. We would heat the water up and then attempt to achieve a nice, warm sponge bath. I was there for two short weeks and Joe was there for 5. It was such a pain when we were there and then I think of the people that live there permanently...I am so thankful for my hot running water.

No comments: