Monday, July 30, 2012

Catching Up...

Well, I have obviously gotten behind in my blogging this summer.  I have had many good intentions on posting and I have pictures to go with each post.  However, I tend to post in the evenings and the kids are usually watching Netflix then.  My internet can't seem to handle live streaming and posting pictures. Soooo we are just going to have to go with words for now before my memory fails me on what we have been doing for the last few weeks.

The girls had their first experience with camp.  They traveled up to Wisconsin to Camp Timber-lee a couple of weeks ago.  It was such a good week for them.  I think it was one of the only weeks of the last month that the temperatures were below 90 for a couple of days.  They stayed in the same cabin together and had the same counselor this year.  We may split them up next year so they have more of an individual experience. 

After the girls got back from Wisconsin I traveled to Iowa for my annual trip.  It was such a good time catching up with old friends.  The next time I go I will get to meet some new babies :).

Then when I returned from Iowa, Sara and I headed to Chicago for a girls' weekend.  We had so much fun taking the train and eating our way through Chicago.  Sara can probably tell you the best place to eat Macaroni and Cheese in Chicago.

And, of course, the last few days we have been sitting in front of the TV watching the Olympics.

And that is the fast summary of what has been going on in the Horn house the last few weeks.

No comments: