Wednesday, August 8, 2018

For that I am thankful....

Tap, tap, tap...is this microphone still on?  I was curious how long it had been since I had last posted.  It was almost 2 years ago and, I didn't look, but I am sure there weren't very many posts then.  Part of me is tempted to feel bad for not documenting more, but a bigger part of me is pleased that I was living life and not focused on documenting.  But a more honest explanation is that I simply did not have time to document.  Well, maybe I did have time and just didn't make it a priority.  Whatever...I refuse to feel guilty.

I have missed blogging though.  I have things and words I want to express at times and like this platform.  Maybe I will get to do some more of this as I am increasingly finding myself alone in the evenings.  Soon I will need to start studying for part 2 of the CMA, but maybe after that my evenings can be filled with some writing and expressing.  Maybe.

As I said, my evenings have become quiet.  I have three in high school this fall and one in junior high.  My chicks are preparing to leave the nest. 

Do you know how many books have been written on baby care?  I know if you search for it on Amazon, there are over 20,000.  Do you know how many have been written on preparing your child for college?  Amazon has 22.  Now there are probably more than that based on your search words, but the point is there is a lot more advice out there for when your kid is born then when your kid is launching into adulthood.  Maybe that is because by the time they are 18, your parenting role has shifted significantly.  They are responsible for keeping themselves alive.  And honestly if I was looking for a book, it wouldn't be related to parenting my kids at this stage.  It would be about what to do with all the emotions surrounding this stage of life.  So many emotions.  And they are all mixed together at the same time.  Excitement, fear, happiness, sadness.....  So what am I suppose to do with all these emotions?  I do what years of preparation for this year and the years to come have taught me to do...I take them to my Father.  He truly knows how I feel even when I don't know what I am feeling or why.  I was reading a post I made many years ago when Sara was starting 2nd grade and Ashley was starting 1st grade.  As I read it, I became so thankful.  God has been with them for so many, many things over the years and He will continue to be.  And He is with me too.  For that I am thankful.

No comments: