Thursday, June 28, 2007

Deep thinking

Ashley has been thinking deeply during the last few trips we've had to the store. I learn a lot about what my kids have been thinking about when we are in the van on the way to Walmart. Yesterday we got to talk about what debt is. I used buying a car and having to ask the bank for money for it as an example. Sara concluded that if you don't have the money, you should just buy a car that is similar to the one you want but costs less. Ashley decided that you should just save your money and get the one that you really want. John wanted to know what car we were going to buy. I guess I got my point across? Anyway, consider the following epiphanies that Ashley has had:

  • We can't say two words at the same time. (think about it....let me know if you tried. I did.)
  • Usually our thumbs are the strongest finger we have (now I will have to look that one up; yes I realize a thumb is technically not considered a finger. But, don't miss the point--is the thumb the strongest???)

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

Hmmmmmm - ponderous, REAL ponderous.

I think you MAY be able to say two words at the same time:

Where/Wear
Their/There/They're - that's 3!
Hear/Here

hehehe - you get the point!

As to the strongest phalange - hmmm I'm not sure - a quick google search seems to show that the index finger is the strongest. But never trust the internet :) I think your little Ashley definitely takes after her daddy. :)

Kelly said...

Deep thoughts indeed! Great comment, by the way: homonyms, tricky. Hey, Karen- you inspired me; I now have a blog. Thanks, I think!