Saturday, June 30, 2007

Maybe I have a problem...

My dad likes coffee. When I got older I thought I would try it out. My mom always insisted that I not become addicted to it. This was in college and I thought there was no way that would ever happen. I didn't even really like it that much and was more of a social drinker. As the years have gone on I have had many more social occasions to enjoy my coffee. And, I must say, coffee has come a long way from college days--you now have lattes, mochas, americanos, french press, etc. I also should admit that since I've had kids I have enjoyed my coffee alone each morning, but I still thought of it as a pleasantry not a necessity. Well, yesterday morning I was proven wrong and learned something about myself. My husband & I are enjoying a weekend away and when I woke up (rather early) I did not have coffee at my disposal. I was fine for about an hour. Then I had an overwhelming urge to put flip flops on with my PJs and drive somewhere very fast to get a cup of coffee. I was able to subdue the urge for a few moments--actually just long enough to get dressed. At which point I did leave (actually left Joe in the room--I did tell him where I was going) and drive to get a cup of coffee. I then felt so much better. Maybe I have a problem...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

This is not a problem; it's perfectly normal, really. Right?

Garden Girl said...

Okay, we'll stage an intervention for you.

Tuesday 7 PM, Coffeesmiths, C. Ave

;)