Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Okay, so I know that song is talking about Christmas and, I have to admit Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. However, sweet corn season definitely has to come in a close second. We had it fixed my favorite way tonight--grilled! It tasted awesome. Sweet corn was one of those delicacies that I missed when we lived in Texas. When we came back to the midwest I promised myself that I would savor every bite of sweet corn that I took each year. I definitely savored it this evening. I even had a chance to teach my youngest daughter how to properly shuck it.

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

Mmmmmm.....grilled sweet corn! The only way to go!

Kristen said...

agreed...texas corn just doesn't cut it! glad you are enjoying good iowa corn! :)