Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Second Hand Lions

The tradition continues. We have a tradition in our house when we watch movies. Joe watches the movie and I sleep. I have tried many, many times to break this tradition, but have had no success. Last night we (or I should say) Joe watched Second Hand Lions--one of his favorites. It would probably be one of my favorites too if I had ever seen the whole thing. He asked me if I wanted to watch it and I honestly couldn't remember much of it. I even had to ask why it was titled that. (In my defense, I don't think the lion is all the important--or did I sleep through that part?) As we started to watch it, I remembered why I couldn't remember it. I had fallen asleep during my "watching" it the first time. I was pretty awake this time and was fairly determined to stay awake because I remembered being very frustrated when I woke up at the end of it the last time. Evidently if you don't see the whole movie you don't understand the ending. Imagine making a movie like that!!! Anyway, I made it further this time and then Joe decided to take an intermission and go get us ice cream. The ice cream was awesome (twix frozen bar--the best!), but it seemed to be the death of my success. I think it was within 30 seconds of the sugar shock that I was sacked out on the couch. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in the exact same spot I woke up the last time--and feeling very frustrated, but deliciously full from the ice cream. Note to self--resist the urge of the ice cream if you really want to stay awake.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Karen, I'll "second" Joe on this one. :) Secondhand Lions is one of my faves as well. I think you would absolutely love it if you can ever make it through the whole thing!!