Monday, August 27, 2007

What I've been up to...

Obviously since we have moved I have done more than just hang out at the DMV branch. While I hate doing bullet points because they are boring, I think that is what I will do to sum it all up and move on. And so here is what I've been up to the last couple of weeks. Each one has a story of its own--you can use your imagination or feel free to ask me to elaborate if you are really curious.

  • We moved into our new house. The guys from our new church had our truck unloaded in forty-five minutes and everything that required a tool was put together by the end of the afternoon.
  • I had flashbacks of a mean elementary school principal when we went to our closing for our new house.
  • We were pounded by our church last Friday night. It's not as bad as it sounds--everyone brought stuff to fill our pantry. It was great!
  • The girls are full swing into school. Ashley has decided that she is not fond of kindergarten since "All we ever do is work!"
  • Nathan is now in a big boy bed. Since we moved him to a bed he has grasped an understanding of independence and he has tried to exercise his believed right to it. The will of a 22 month old is fairly amazing.
  • John gets to sleep in his new bedroom and bed. Ooops--let me correct that as he did me this morning. It is not his "new" bedroom now; it is just his bedroom.
  • I LOVE my new kitchen floor.
  • I'm probably going to become friends with our Maytag repair man. Again, it is a long story...
  • We locked ourselves out of our house our first Sunday here. Then we had to somehow prove to the locksmith that we really lived there. We had moved our stuff in the day before. I found it a little more funny than Joe did.
  • We LOVE our yard and trees--really, really big trees.
  • We LOVE our non-creaky house
  • We are really excited that our basement didn't leak with all the rain we had last week. It wasn't suppose too, but you never know until you move into the house.
  • Our house in our last state is suppose to close this Friday--pray that it does!!!
  • I had to take down some of the funkiest curtains ever in my new house. But that is okay because it means I get to buy new ones! :)
  • They have some serious homework in the 1st grade so Sara & I have been trying to figure that out--like when do we do it??

I'm sure I left some stuff out. I'll have to pass it on to you when I remember--if I ever do remember. I'm fairly convinced I would forget my brain these days if it wasn't attached.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It sounds like you guys are doing great, even if it's been crazy! Know that you are loved and missed!

Kelly said...

Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date, although I'm not sure how I feel about re-living the big move through you! :) Yikes, it is always harder than I anticipate. We MISSED Sunday school the day after we moved in, because we had totally forgotten about Daylight Savings Time (calendars were still in a box), yep, that would be the new pastor's family. Hang in there!
with love and prayers!