Thursday, October 11, 2007

My corrections to the previous blog...

On our way to visit the surgeon this morning I was relaying my previous blog post to Joe. As I was relaying it, he began correcting me. Joe has to correct me a lot, I mean, a lot. I don't know if I just get in a hurry in life and don't pay attention or what, but I've learned that 99% of the time when he corrects me he is right. And so, even though he was in so much pain that he had to take morphine, here are the errors that he corrected.

  • It was not called the Skinny Cow. It was called the Spotted Cow. I guess there are ice cream sandwiches that you can buy in your local grocery freezer section that are named Skinny Cow. And so, even though I got it wrong for where I ate on Tuesday night, I still ask who wants to eat a skinny cow or look like one?
  • Second thing I got wrong--not sure how this happened--the doctor's name. His name wasn't Joseph. No, in fact, his name was James Brown. Yep--that is almost even better than if his name was Joseph. I'll let your mind wander on that one...

He goes in for surgery tomorrow afternoon to remove an organ that God gave us, but we evidently don't have to have in order to function in everyday life. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Horn herd mom said...

Okay so I'm going to comment on my own post and it is actually a correction--I spelled relying "relaying". I knew when I wrote it that it didn't look right.

Terrie said...

Your writing is hilarious! I think there might be some children's books in your future! I love reading your blog and amazed at your since of humor during such a stressful time (no, I don't think it's a warped kind of humor)
Give our best to Joe and take care of yourself!
Love,
Terrie