Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let's hope they don't end up in California!

Our mighty hunter and provider heads out tomorrow morning at 5am for the big deer hunt. I have an empty freezer that I am ready to have filled again. I was communicating this to my kids and my Ashley, who happens to be very partial to deer steaks, got straight to the point (as usual): "So Daddy's going to shoot a deer, cut it's head off and put it on our wall. And then we get to eat the rest?!" You could hear the eagerness in her voice. "Yes" I responded cautiously, not sure if I should encourage this conversation or not. Sara, in a dreamy, hopeful voice "Yeah, I sure hope he gets a buck." So, I left the conversation confident that somewhere out there is a little boy who will one day love to marry my supportive daughters. They could be in trouble though if they end up moving to California before they get married!