Thursday, January 10, 2008

What are the odds?

So what are the odds of this:

Two women both named Kristen, both of their husbands are attending seminary, have a baby on the same day, both babies are girls, both of the babies weigh 6lb 9oz (yes, the exact same weight) and I know both of them. Again, what are the odds--and what a blessing to get to play a very small part in each of these babies' lives. One of them is my niece and one of them will get to sleep in my childrens' old crib.

Welcome to this world Baby Ainsley and Baby Lydia!

4 comments:

Mom said...

So to mess up your odds, but your niece Lydia actually weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. In all the excitement we may have reported it incorrectly. She was 191/2 inches long.
She is, of course, perfectly beautiful.

Mom said...

I meant-- sorry to mess up your odds.

Cara said...

Karen -

Your blog is so cute and your family is beautiful. I don't know if you remember me, but I lived in Swallow Robin with Joe and Kristen at Taylor. I think we met a few times (I was a year behind Joe in school.)

I'm friends with Melinda Emgenbroich who I hear knows your sister - is this a small world or what? Melinda sent me the link to your blog and to Joe's yesterday. When I looked at it today, I saw your posting. It sounds like one of the Kristens in your note is Joe's sister. Is that right? I haven't talked to Kristen in a while. Please give her my love and congratulations!

My little girl Rebecca just turned one today and I was excited to see (I think) that Kristen had a girl right around her b-day. How cool.

Please tell Joe and Kristen I said hi! Happy New Year!

Cara (Prentice) Howard

The Bullhorn said...

Cara,

Wow! Talk about a blast from the past. Great to hear that you are doing well and that you have a little girl now. Blessings to you and your family.

Joe