Friday, January 11, 2008

Couscous strikes again

We were discussing leeches last night at dinner. Everything in my being said we shouldn't discuss blood sucking animals at the dinner table, but we deemed it a teachable, albeit a gross moment and dug right in to the conversation. So today, in the car, John asked me if leeches had eyes. (Evidently we hadn't covered everything last night.) Having no idea, I said "probably". He had been on the topic of skeletons so the leech question seemed to come out of left field. Then, in the next question, I saw where he was headed in that wondrous mind of his.

"Mom, if a leech is on your head and cuts a hole in it to suck out the blood, can he see your skeleton?"

Yep, that was the question. We also had couscous for supper last night. I think I'll just blame it on that.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

John is hilarious. The whole topic of leeches is probably my fault, as there was a leech in one of the cartoons they watched with me over Christmas. I tried to give them a short explanation of what a leech is and does. Funny that they're still discussing it. :)

Blame it on the aunt.... ;)