Thursday, March 20, 2008

In 20 some years...

I LOVE naps. I really can't overstate how much I enjoy them--especially since I've had kids. After I had Nathan, no matter how my day went, I always felt like the most awesome mom ever because I could get all four of my kids, ages 5 and under (yes, Sara was 5 when Nathan was born) down for a nap at the same time. You have to admit that is impressive. Anyway, the girls got out of school early today to get an early start on next week's spring break. So I kept the boys up with the intention of all of us laying down when we got home. Now, in fairness, I don't always make my girls sleep, but they do have to be in their room reading or doing something quiet. I was expressing my delight of the upcoming nap time on the way home from school. It was basically me going on and on like this: "Do you know what mommy's favorite time of the day is? Nap time! Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Isn't it great!" (BTW, at what point as mom's do we always start referring to ourselves in the third person?!) Sara proclaimed emphatically (imagine the eyes rolling) "Nap time will never my favorite time of the day." We discussed back and forth--finally I told her I was going to write down what she said and when she had kids one day I would remind her of her words. She, of course, said even when she had kids this would not happen. So, hopefully in 20 some years I will read this and be reminded to remind her of her words.

No comments: