Monday, April 14, 2008

The Johnism of today...

John's feet fell asleep at the supper table tonight. He took his socks and shoes off to help wake them up and then, later, when we were getting ready to depart the house, he refused to put on the same socks because he was convinced that it was those particular socks that made his feet fall asleep. I tried to explain that it wasn't the socks--that it was how he was sitting on them. Then, his eyes widened and you could see the light bulb go off in his head. And he said the following:

"Oh, I know why they fell asleep. When I put my socks on over my feet and then put them into my shoes, it is very dark. When it is dark they fall asleep."

How do you argue with that logic?

3 comments:

Garden Girl said...

No argument here! lol :)

Alissa said...

This sounds like a cute kids' book in the making.

Kendra said...

love it! he's a smart one!