Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Early morning conversations

My children always tend to wake up bright eyed and bushy-tailed with their brains turned on and ready to go. A couple of examples from this morning:

  • John asked Sara how much 10 + 10 equaled. Sara replied 20. John then proceeded to count his fingers and toes knowing that he had ten of each and responded "Yep, you are right Sara. It does equal 20." Evidently John follows Ronald Reagan's policy of "trust but verify".
  • I asked Joe this morning if the dishwasher was one word or two. (I was making out a chore chart for the girls and my brain wasn't turned on yet.) Joe said "one". Ashley, who was joining us for breakfast, responded "Yep, daddy is right. It is one word." I naively raised my eyebrows and sarcastically said "Well, thank you Ashley" Ashley responded very graciously and gently "Well, mom, in the play kitchen in Mrs. Richards room there was a toy dishwasher and it was spelled as one word on the toy." Ooops! Why do I always forget she has her dad's memory? And how in the world am I going to keep up with them?

No comments: