Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wax on, Wax off

I washed and waxed my van this afternoon. There are some things that I do that make me feel especially like an adult. Waxing the car (or van as it is in my case) is one of those things. You see when I was a kid my parents always hand washed their vehicles. Actually they still do. Anyway, after it was washed my dad would wax it. He would put the wax on and then my sister and I would have to wait for it to dry and then wipe it off. I don't know how many times I begged my dad to be the one who could put the wax on instead of taking the wax off. It just looked like a much cooler and like a much easier job. Well, now that I'm an adult I'm the one who gets to put the wax on and it is so much fun. I was right throughout my whole childhood--it is a much cooler job. And now it is my kids turn to ask over and over again if they can put the wax on. I proudly say "Nope." They just don't get it just as I didn't get it when I was a kid. They also don't get my Karate Kid impersonation when I'm "waxing on and waxing off". They just say "Why are you talking like that mom?" Definitely need to add that one to movie list for when they get older.

3 comments:

The Bullhorn said...

I happen to think it's kind of too bad we don't have a wooden fence so I can teach them "Paint fence-uuupp, down" in addition to "Wax on...right hand. Wax off...left hand." I guess I'll have to settle for teaching them how to catch flies with chopsticks and kick bullies in the nose using the swan kick...

Garden Girl said...

Swan? I thought it was some other bird...a crane?

The Bullhorn said...

Ah yes...The crane. Now I remember!