Thursday, November 20, 2008

joking John

John has gotten into joke telling lately and I must say (at the risk of sounding biased) that he's got the gift. He's gets it from his dad. I couldn't tell a joke to save myself. I either forget some pertinent information or my timing is way off. Actually, now that I think about it, usually both of those things occur. So, with that in mind, I'll share one of John's favorites with you.

John: What do you get a gorilla for his birthday?

Mom: I don't know.

John: I don't know either but he'd better like it! (or is it "you'd better make sure he's likes it" I can't remember!)

Anyway, once John got his first laugh he was sold on jokes. I found out that as soon as he got to church on Sunday he began telling his Sunday school teacher his jokes. His biggest problem is that he needs more material. I think I see a joke book in John's future....

1 comment:

Horn herd mom said...

Okay, so I had to ask John. The actual answer is "I don't know either, but you'd better hope he likes it!"