Monday, November 17, 2008

So I went and got my haircut...

and in retrospect I'm not sure it was a good idea. Joe and I need to get new pictures of the two of us. We are going to have our favorite photographer Lindy take them. We need them for our church's website and bulletin. So I decided that I should get my hair trimmed up before we got them taken. Here's a before that I took a couple of weeks ago--kind of a cheesy picture (which is why you haven't seen it until now) but it works as a before picture.
I don't really look like I need a haircut, do I? Well, on my behalf, it had grown some since that picture--my hair grows really fast. Anyway, we headed to my favorite salon this morning--the Cost Cutters at Walmart. Whenever we move I try out the different Cost Cutters to find one that consistently has good hairdresser. They are fairly cheap and I never have to worry about making an appointment. So I arrive this morning and get signed and notice that there is a new gal. I really wasn't too worried. She calls my name, I tell her what I want and she takes me back to wash my hair (I splurged!). I normally look forward to getting my hair washed, but today it was a torturing experience. I'm sure my hair is clean, but my scalp still hurts. She mentioned that she did eyebrows and since I hadn't had mine done in awhile and I was going to get my picture taken I went for it. Obviously I also had a short memory and forgot the kind of pain she had caused me when she washed my hair. Again, my eyebrows turned out great but wow! did it hurt. She asked me if it hurt too bad at one point, but I never know how to answer that. Isn't it suppose to hurt when you put hot wax on your tender, fair eye skin and then rip out the hair. I was a little nervous at this point. The eyebrows looked good but were mightly thin. It turns out my concern was not for nothing. When she started on my hair I knew we might have a problem. But what do you say when she says--how's that look? Once it's gone it's not like you can put it back on. So here's the after with my handsome hubby

I'm not sure the picture does it justice--it is short. And you have to realize that it is a "stacked bob" style. So the back is shorter than the front. She had to take an electric razor to the back of my neck. Yeah, that is short. My poor neck has been cold all day. The kids keep asking me why I am wearing a scarf in the house. But, on the upside, my hair grows fast, I won't have to get my haircut for 3 months (that will save money!) and my husband likes it. Actually, it is kind of growing on me as well...

...completely unrelated--I finally got blogger to upload my pictures on my computer! I wish I could say I used all my intellectual powers to fix it, but nope. It just started working again for some reason. So you can look forward to more pics to come...

5 comments:

badger girl said...

I love it! You've totally got the right face shape for your new 'do -- it looks really nice! :)

MH said...

It looks really cute in the picture. I really like it. I think it looks pretty hip....and everyone knows how Moms like to look hip. :)

The Rosetto's said...

You are right I don't think the pic does it justice cuz it doesn't look that short to me.

But (and please don't let Joe kill me) Joe's eyebrows look like monsters next to your newly waxed ones. Maybe you should take him to see the crazy wax lady! hehe

Garden Girl said...

I have to say, I really don't see a huge difference in the hair - don't be mad! Like the brows though....I spend more at my hairdresser so I'm too cheap to get mine waxed.

How long have you had it stacked in the back? I got mine cut last night and said - everyone has my hair style now - 1 in 3 girls at AWANA have it. She replied - that's cause it works on so many people! And I just saw a picture of me 6 years ago and I remember why I'm keeping my hair like this...

The Bullhorn said...

Hmmm...Thought about getting the back waxed, Tiffany, but never the eyebrows....