Tuesday, November 11, 2008

my passive aggressive one

I was putting braids in Sara's hair yesterday. We don't do it too often, but occassionally she gets on a kick where she wants them braided. That was yesterday morning and we had about 5 minutes to get the job done. Usually I only have about 3 minutes so I was feeling pretty good--definitely had time for "do-overs" if needed. About halfway through the first braid we had the following conversation:

Sara: Ow!
me: Sorry!
Sara: Mom, how did you learn how to do braids.
me: Well, my mom showed me and then I practiced
Sara: Did you practice on your Barbie? Ow!
me: yes, actually I did
Sara: Well, it's a good thing that you practiced on a Barbie
me: Why is that?
Sara: Because it wasn't a human that you could hurt!

Gee, do you think she was trying to tell me something?

No comments: