Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Happenings

So I realized it has been a couple of days since I posted. We've been in the midst of holiday happenings which have included:

  • the best Christmas day ever...it gets better and better as the kids get older. Just wait until you see the pictures of the new rocker in the family. We also made cupcakes with our new cupcake maker and all got addicted to Webkins.
  • traveling to Indiana in the rain and making a record number of stops ("I really have to go this time mom! I didn't have to when we stopped for so and so.") This actually was a monumental trip. It is the first time in 8 years that we have traveled without diapers and wipes. Now that, my friends, is a milestone.
  • hanging out with the Snow family..all together for the first time in three years. I'm afraid our children are corrupting their cousins--a lot of new maybe not so good tricks (some involving cap guns)
  • it was in the 60s here today...WOW!--lots of Christmas frisbee and tree climbing

and now it is time for another game of Settlers of Catan. I'm determined to win at least once and maybe could if they told me all the rules before the game started (no, I'm not competitive at all). Just thought I'd give you a quick update. Look forward to lots and lots and lots of pictures (probably a lot more than you care to see.)

1 comment:

The Bullhorn said...

I'm convinced that I could actually win at Settlers if I could just play it more than once every year or so. By the time I remember how to play, it's too late to actually win.