Friday, January 16, 2009

Our record breaking week

Lots of records were broken for our house this week. Well, I guess I should define "lots"--maybe 3 or 4. But when you are breaking records, 3 or 4, is a lot of records. I mean look how famous Michael Phelps is and he only broke one record (yes, I will concur that it was a huge record to break!) Anyway, here's our record breaking week....let's just say I don't remember the last time I was so glad to see Friday get here:

  1. I haven't heard the "official" word, but I just checked the temperature and am fairly certain we broke a record low last night. My poor, poor furnace...it has been chugging away all night.
  2. It is the first time that an illness has gone through 4 members of our family (all the ones who still have their tonsils). I'm pretty sure it actually went through 5, but I can't absolutely definitively say that Ashley's spots on her face are related to the strep. Don't think I want to pay for a doctor's visit just to prove my point & the antibiotic cream is working great on clearing them up. So we'll just go with 4. That's still an impressive bacteria.
  3. It is the first time my kids have missed 3 days in a row due to "snow" days. (Poor Sara didn't get to go to school all week because she was sick Monday & Tuesday.) I call it "snow" days because I think technically they missed yesterday and today because it was too cold--not because of the snow. In any case, it is still a record for my girls and I must say I wasn't prepared for it. And when you aren't prepared to have all four kids in the house without the ability to go outside, at all (due to record number 1), chaos can ensue. Today I'm hoping that the chaos will be a little bit more organized.
  4. And, finally, it is the first time in my life I've ever had strep throat. Fortunately, I just got the really sore throat. My kids were gracious enough not to pass the vomiting and scarlet rash that went along with theirs. (And, BTW, Nathan does NOT like to vomit. Well, who does? But this was his first time, and it was not pretty--especially after he figured out what it felt like right before he was going to do it. Let's just say we have a runner...)
Well, my coffee is finished and it might get cold if I don't get it now!

No comments: