- Even though your hips are killing you, you don't want to turn over in bed because you know that you will freeze to death because the other sheets will be cold.
- You go through 5 t-shirts in one night because the fever keeps breaking and then coming back.
- You know that the toilet seat must have been set outside in the 20 degree snow because it really feels that cold!
- You are tempted to blog at 2am because you are convinced that maybe that will take your mind off of how horrible you feel.
- You start thinking about all the phone calls that your husband should be making when (not if) he takes you to the hospital.
- You wonder why the electric throw blanket that you always think is waaay too hot feels not hot enough when it is set on high--it must be broken.
- You never realized that there were muscles in your pinky toes that could ache.
- You need your husband and you call him on your cell phone even though you are in bed and he is just down the hall in the kitchen.
- You didn't realize that death was going to be so painful because you are convinced that you are going to die.
- And you know that Monday existed, but other then vague recollections like you get from a bad nightmare, you really don't remember much.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Top ten signs that you had the flu...
Yep, I had the flu and am still in recovery mode. Well, I didn't go get a blood test done or anything so I'm can't definitively say that it was technically "the influenza". But if it wasn't "the flu" then they should change the definition of what "the flu" actually is because what I had should definitely be classified as "the flu"! So here are what I deem the top ten signs that you have "the flu" (in no particular order):