Monday, July 20, 2009

laughable moments

We made John's final medical stop prior to kindergarten. This time it was to the dentist. (We've already visited the eye doctor & the pediatrician. Yes, we have to see all three before they let him in the school doors.). Anyway, John did great partly because he's just generally a good kid and partly because he had one of the world's greatest dental hygienist. She was truly gifted! So he got his 20 teeth all shined up and we were waiting for the dentist to come check them out. We'd waited for quite a bit which is unusual for this office. The hygienist stopped by and apologized and said the doctor would be right in. He was with a patient that was taking a little longer than anticipated. John asked me what was going on and I relayed the information to him. He commented: "He must not be being good, mommy."

On an entirely different note, I had the following conversation this evening with a child who will absolutely remain nameless (I will tell you that it was not the youngest child. If it was, that would explain a lot because, well, Nathan is 3.)

"Mom, before I took my nap this afternoon I was looking at my belly button and there was a small rock in it."

What?! That just raises so many questions on so many different levels and they all seem to start with why????

No comments: