Thursday, February 11, 2010

Keepin' it real

We made a quick trip to Indiana last weekend to see our absolutely beautiful new niece/cousin Jane. (Joe had to go out and get children's ibuprofen at 1am in basically a blizzard but that is entirely a different post). I attribute the following conversation to the fact that the kids had just seen Jane and had babies on the mind. The scene: Early Sunday morning...I was wearing some very, very baggy sweats (I am sure this is relevant.)

Nathan: Mommy, you look like you have a baby in your tummy.
Me: What?! No, it's just the sweats. See? (I pulled up my sweatshirt to reveal the t-shirt I had on underneath).
Ashley: Yeah Nathan. Mom is too old to have anymore babies.

Ouch!

So this morning John decided that evidently I still wasn't getting it. His question (in a very serious, non-sarcastic tone):

"Mom, were you born a million years ago?"

Ahh, yes, just keepin' it real, I guess.

No comments: