Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day!

I have a love/hate relationship with snow days. I love them when they happen and hate them when summer rolls around. Since today was the snow day, we focused on the love them aspect. Here's how we celebrated:

  • lots of PJs. I'm not sure that anyone except for maybe Joe got out of their PJs. Well, I guess I did, but only briefly to help shovel the snow.
  • shoveled snow (as just mentioned). This pretty much involved 3/4 of the family. Shoveling snow is one of the few chores we have at this house that you can actually get paid for doing. So for right now it is voluntary. Next winter we may rethink this.
  • Mancala! Joe is the champion for the day. I object somewhat because while I was playing him I was fairly distracted. I foresee many rematches in the future. Sara did beat him...watch out she is a sleeper at that game.
  • Goober's Lab! You have no idea what I'm talking about unless you've been on Webkinz. For those of you who enjoy games on Facebook it is similar to Bejeweled Blitz. I am the current champion in the house at that one. I reached level 19. I have no idea how many levels there are.
  • Lots of hot chocolate consumption.
  • Sneezing. I lost count at how many times I sneezed today. I smeared vaseline all over my face tonight and it has finally stopped hurting. Ah, the joy of colds in the winter time...certainly better then in the summer though.
  • Signed up for my first ever internet book discussion. It involves Beth Moore's new book So Long Insecurity. We'll see if I actually get the book read participate in the discussion.
  • Skipped swimming lessons. Yes, we were the rebels tonight and it was so worth it.

So come June someone needs to remind me about the love part of the snow day. For now my batteries are charged and I'm ready to say "Bring on the rest of the week!"

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I know what you mean about a love/hate relationship with snow days....i am student teaching and my school has not been in session since thursday. yep, that's right, we have had 3 snow days in a row....and currently i am at the "hate" part of the relationship....because I feel like I am missing out and don't have anything to do. I know I will want snow days later but right now, I just want to be in the classroom!