Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'll know to ask the next time...

So it was a busy day yesterday...laundry, bike ride with the kids, cleaning (it had been two weeks since I'd cleaned...it was Mother's Day last week! Lots of people at the house today so it had to be cleaned), trip to Walmart, more laundry, more cleaning and I was fairly fried by the end of the day. So when the smell of wonderful coffee wafted into the living room while Joe was tucking the kids into bed, I grabbed a cup and settled in for some relaxation. It was mighty tasty so I went for cup number two. About 9pm, which is very close to the time that I normally head to bed, I began feeling quite awake. Turns out my husband made full strength coffee at 7pm instead of decaf. We were able to clean up our DVR by watching some of the stuff that we'd recorded. I think Joe secretly planned it. He's always convinced we are going to run out of hours on our DVR. Anyway, I've paid for it today for my midnight bedtime and you can be sure I will ask the next time I decide to enjoy a cup of java. Now if I can just stay awake until the kids go to bed.

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

sneaky, sneaky Joe.....

The Bullhorn said...

It's just a one-day throwback to the days when Karen and I were dating. Back then, she'd get a nap and drink coffee so she could keep up with her night owl boyfriend. The kids have changed our ability to do that somewhat, but we really enjoy talking together even late at night--at least when we're both awake!