- Scouts have started...actually they are all at their meetings right now. Girl scouts have started up for Sara and Ashley and John began Cub Scouts this year. I actually think he may be a tiger or is it a bobcat...it's all so confusing. Good thing his den leader is his daddy. They've been having a great time with it.
- AWANA started with a bang this year...107 kids the first night.
- I started MOPS last week. This will probably be my last year which makes me a little sad, but in going through the introductions last week it became apparent to me that yes, this season of my life is almost over. I'm definitely on the older end of the moms...yikes!
- I do get to speak at MOPS again this year. I'm looking forward to that. I also get to speak at a workshop for our women's retreat this November. I do love speaking to women....by far my favorite ministry thing to do so it is a treat to me that I'll get to do it twice in the next 6 months.
- I'm moving along in getting licensed. It will probably be the end of October. I'm so excited...I'm going to have so much fun watching more kids.
- It's football season. Go Colts!!! It's fun this year because John has started getting into it and I think by the end of the season he may actually understand the basics of the game.
- I've been running. Yes, you read that correctly, I've been running. I ran 2 1/2 miles this morning. I. hate. running. But I feel really good when I'm done and this morning I actually wasn't miserable for the first mile. I've never run this far before. Joe has his sights set on a half-marathon (he's up to 4 or 5 miles). While I would like to set that as my goal, I'm not sure it is a good idea because of my hating running issue.
- And now I'm going to curl up with a nice cup of decaf and enjoy this fall evening...it's great! My all time favorite time of the year...
Monday, September 27, 2010
the ordinary stuff
So Joe asked me the other day if I was ever going to blog again. I said yes, and so here I am, back at it. Joe enjoys reading my blog posts so while you may not have missed me or taken note that it has been almost a month since a post, Joe noticed. What has been going on you may ask. My mom asked me the same question during our weekly phone conversation and I actually said "not much". That is a weird answer coming from me and if you look at my calendar you would say "yeah, right. You've been pretty busy!" I have, but it is one of those things where it is just normal life and so it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. And when people ask me what has been going on, I generally tend to think out of the ordinary type of stuff. The only "out of the ordinary" is that our Nathan has been away from us for about a week now. He is coming back in a few days. Boy, we have really missed him. I'm not sure anyone has missed him as much as his mommy! Here is some of the "ordinary stuff" that we've been up to: