Saturday, December 4, 2010

Favorite Things--Day 4

Snow pants!! How fitting since we got our first snowfall of the season last night. Actually I think it is still snowing. My hubby can tell me when he gets home from sitting in his tree stand. Alas, I had to agree with him early this morning when he said "I'm really kind of crazy, aren't I?" I've digressed...snow pants! When I was growing up...many years ago...when you had to walk 2 miles uphill to school....I didn't have snow pants. I'm sure they were around for skiers or those who lived in snow country. They were probably even around where I lived, but I didn't know anything about them and I don't think my friends did either. When it snowed, we simply layered up. We would put on enough layers that you could barely bend your legs...at least 2 or 3 pairs. Then we would head out to build whatever creations we could dream up in the snow. Well, fast forward a few years to my eldest's preparations for kindergarten. On her supply list for school was snow pants. Snow pants?! was my immediate thought. Then I chalked it up to living in Iowa and trudged off to the store to purchase a pair for her. It wasn't until she wore them at home during one of the first snowfalls that season that I realized the marvel of snow pants. They keep you completely dry, you can bend your legs, you stay warm and they dry fairly quickly. Wow! Where have these been all of my life I kept thinking. So, yes, I love snow pants and if I didn't have other priorities for my money I would totally buy myself a pair simply for when I go out to shovel snow. You might see me making a snow angel or two as well.

A hint for all you moms out there who have yet to buy snow pants...buy black! Then any child can wear them as you pass them down from kid to kid. John wasn't real excited about the powder blue ones I wanted him to wear last year.

No comments: