Friday, January 22, 2010

Only my dear Ashley could accomplish this

Ashley went bowling today.

What?! How?! Gasp! Ouch! Yes, all of the above flashed through my brain as well. Well, the "Gasp!" didn't just flash through my brain; it actually emerged from my mouth when I picked her up from the bowling alley. The "Gasp!" was purely an accident. Usually I remain more composed when my kids get hurt. It was just rather shocking to the eyes and I obviously had not gone through my mom preparation in the car on the way there (To self: "Even if it's bad I will not freak out in front of the child"). How? The ball got dropped, bounced, head bent over to pick it up and the result is above. She's not in a lot of pain. And we go to see the pediatric dentist on Monday. She's getting a crown. She'll be the only seven year old with a crown. Sigh.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Unbelievable. Did she have fun?

Alissa said...

UNbelievable. And I thought the rest of us had teeth issues... :)

Garden Girl said...

oh. my.

LivingFree said...

I'm a bit behind on reading blogs, but I thought it might make you feel better to know that 2 of mine had to get a crown recently. The first was Dakota who tripped when he was walking the dog and ended up with stitches in his chin and a crowned tooth. Then a few weeks later Abby was walking around the yard blindfolded ???, still not exactly sure why, anyway she walked into Glenn's jeep and hit her tooth and once again we were making a visit to the dentist for another crown. So I had a 12 year old and a 9 year old with a crown. Maybe we just have royal blood, although the dentist is the one living like royalty after I paid them. OUCH!