Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Things that made me happy today...

  • Vision insurance! For the first time since leaving Dallas we have vision insurance and it looks like we are going to put it to good use. Ashley went to the eye doctor again today...a little over 6 months after her last visit. They moved her "3 clicks" and now she has the same prescription as me. I've got to claim this one on my side. Joe has overly perfect eyesight. My sister, me, mom and dad...not so much.
  • A child who comes home from school excited! Sara came home super pumped about her homework assignment. It is a poster project on the state of South Dakota.
  • Nathan took a nap! I know this is unusual for me to be excited about -- a 5 year old sleeping. But, seriously, the boy needed a nap today.



  • This goofy smile John gave me when I asked him if he liked his hair that way...long and sticking out. His answer was "Yes!". I think he just doesn't want me to cut it.
  • The smell of homemade bread and roast in the crockpot. Can you tell I didn't "work" at my job today. I only had Nathan all day. Mmmm, smells so good. Perfect for a snowy and very cold night like tonight.

No comments: