Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Thankful--Day 16

I completely forgot to post yesterday. I guess that goes to prove that it truly does take 21 days to form a habit. So this is for yesterday...I am thankful for automated washing and drying machines. I sometimes take so many things in my life for granted. And, no they aren't broken; I was just sitting here thinking about the laundry I needed to do today and my mind trailed off to a manual wringer/washer that I saw the other day. It reminded me of my grandmother's wringer washing machine. When we saw it we had to explain how it worked to the kids and they were absolutely astonished that you wouldn't have a clothes dryer. We don't have the top of the line front loader washing/dryer machines. I do, however, have an incredible, heavy duty top loader that keeps on washing and a dryer that enables me to not have to trudge outside in the winter to hang clothes on the line. And for that, I am so very thankful.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I do remember how wringer washer and put rubber diapers through that wringer diapers and explodes, and garments sometimes get stuck going around and around and around those wringers. I remember having to disassemble the whole wringer head to get something untangled. and I ruined a couple of shirts
Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer?or ruined a couple of shirts? Thanks for the reminders .