Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thankful--Day 19

I am thankful for a husband who shares his toys! I got Joe a Kindle last Christmas. While I have always enjoyed technology and found new technology easy to navigate, I have typically been very resistant to transform some of my paper stuff to computer/phone. Take my calendar for example...for many years I LOVED my paper calendar. I was frequently spurred on to go the computerized variety and attempted it a couple of times, but it was only recently that I truly transitioned to a computerized form. (It took me getting a phone that could contain my calendar for me to be won over and an app like Cozi.) I was the same way with books. I love the feel of a book in my hands. I didn't want to hold a piece of plastic or read a screen. I wanted to have to have a bookmark, feel the paper in my hands, and smell the crisp pages of a new book or the old worn pages of a well-loved book. However, recently my frugalness has won me over to the Kindle. I can't believe how many books you can get for free or borrow from their library. And the screen on a Kindle is not like a computer screen. It really looks uncannily like you are reading a real page of a book. I have enjoyed Joe's so much that we decided to get our book loving daughter one for Christmas (shhhh...it's a surprise!)

No comments: