- We traveled to Indiana to celebrate Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time with family. This year we were with the Horn side. Joe was simply excited that one of his nieces actually likes him. Little Jane really warmed up to him.
- After Thanksgiving my parents were able to come out for a visit. It had been awhile since we had seen them so it was really good to catch up with them.
- I have a new kitchen sink which is so gorgeous and makes it look like my whole kitchen has had a makeover. A big thanks to both sets of parents who were involved in this.
- I am just about done with my Christmas shopping. I may pick up a few stocking stuffers here and there, but other than that I am done.
- My house looks like the season. The kids and I had a really great time decorating this year while Joe was out hunting. We did save the "drunken star" for him to put on top of the tree. Now hopefully it will stay on the tree until we are ready to take the tree down.
- Our little Sophie is a much humbler dog this morning. Occasionally she decides to crawl out under our fence and come around and see if we will let her in the front door. Yesterday on her excursion the neighbor's black lab decide to come over and say hi. Sophie thinks she is as big or bigger than the lab and has gone after him before. He evidently decided that he needed to show her who is boss yesterday and bit her on the back hip. (Please don't blame the lab...he is about as gentle as you can get. We are fairly certain Sophie majorly provoked him.) Thankfully she is going to be okay. She had to have 3 little staples put in on the wounds. I think she is also going to have to wear the "cone of shame" as she has already managed to pull out two of the staples.
- I got to visit our MOPS group at church last night and speak on one of my favorite Christmas topics...Advent. I had such a great time with those ladies.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
30 Days of Thankful--Day 26
I am so thankful that I have actually more than 30 days to post my 30 days of thankful! I have obviously fallen behind. Here's what has distracted me: