Monday, December 12, 2011

Sights and Sounds of the Season at the Horns

Well, it has been a flurry of activity around our house, but not as much as in the past. I honestly cut out a lot of the "minor" things that we would do each December and have been amazed at how just doing that has calmed me. I thought I would fill you in with the activities in the form of "sights and sounds".

The first sound I will share is the sound of discussions about "going to Pearce". Pearce is our local community center that we absolutely love. Ashley's basketball program that she is currently in takes place at Pearce. (BTW, she made her first two baskets this past Saturday at her game. I knew once I could convince her to shoot it, that she would start making some. Her confidence is slowly building and once it is up she may be a decent basketball player. Ahh, Hoosier blood...) Anyway, Pearce is also where we go work out. Joe is nearing the end of the weight loss competition he has been in the last 6 months or so. He is very close to "being in the money" (the top three). Pearce also has an indoor pool that we will probably dip into over Christmas break. You will also hear groans associated with Pearce....or the lack of getting to go in my life. I am feeling so much better, but can't seem to convince my body that exercise is okay again. Right after Thanksgiving I went for a two mile run after having a break since July. It felt so. good. to run again. I never thought I would miss it the way I do. Unfortunately, I felt worse than I had felt in probably a month for the next couple of days after I ran. So I am trying to take it slow. I hopped on the treadmill again today and attempted to just walk, but it is just so tempting to pick up the speed when it feels good when you do it. It helped that Joe was with me this time to remind me not to overdue it. I walked about 2 miles (ran for about 1/4 of a mile) and felt much better when I got off this time. I am trying to be patient, but patience has never been one of my best attributes...

No comments: