Thursday, January 12, 2012

The blessings of today

  • What made me smile: the little boy I babysit...his toothy grin as he tries to charm me into approving his disobedience.
  • What gave me warm and fuzzies: snuggling with a five week old little boy. Oh he was so sweet.
  • What made me cry: reading Nathan's birthday card that he wrote for John's birthday next week. My paraphrase (you can't really get the full effect until you see his little handwriting on his crinkled up paper): " You are the best brother any brother could have because of the love you show me." Making me tear up again...
  • What made me sigh: the snow and the cold. It was sigh of relief and blessing that I didn't have to go out in it today. To again paraphrase a friend: "I know winter is late, but does it have to arrive so grumpy?!"
  • What amazed me: Our dinner conversation. Ashley was explaining electricity to me and how dryer sheets work. I don't think I've ever been told how dryer sheet works. How did my kids get smarter than me?

No comments: