Saturday, January 21, 2012

So this is what it feels like to be full-time

So this was a crazy week and I am still having to remind myself that it was technically just a four day week since we were all off for MLK day. I added a couple of extra kids this week to my daycare and wow, was I busy. But I loved it and at the end of each day felt so blessed that I could work at home. At the end of February this will be the normal for me as one of the mom's I watch for will be headed back to work after her maternity leave. A few observations from my week:

  • I once again proved that if you want something done, you ask someone who is busy. I stayed up with the laundry and the housework better than I typically do. There is something about being busy that just keeps me focused and more disciplined.
  • Even though I did shed a few tears when my last one was completely potty trained (I'm weird, I know), I was reminded that those tears were not because I enjoyed changing diapers. However, I am extremely thankful for wipes and disposable diapers. I really can't imagine dipping that many diapers in the toilet to get them clean. ugh....and I apologize to anyone who just read that and was either preparing to eat or had just eaten.
  • There are few things in life that can make you feel like superwoman like getting four kids to nap at the same time for at least an hour. Yes, I did that...four days in a row.
  • Afternoon snuggles with an 18 month old on a cold, snowy afternoon are really great.

No comments: